A vegan smoothie that teases the buds and warms the soul, blended and sipped to heal and restore.
This recipe has been through a lot of revisions, finally, it came through with this divine flavor that got me converted to a smoothie drinker. It tastes so good, you just have to give it a try preferably with homemade Brazil nut milk and water kefir.
- Brazil Nut Milk – anti-inflammatory food with high level of ellagic acid and selenium.
- Water Kefir – fermented drink rich in beneficial bacteria and food enzymes.
- Coconut Oil – contains saturated fat that help increase the absorption of turmeric.
- Medjool dates – natural sweetener and energy booster.
- Raw Cacao – Antioxidant king, highest plant-based source of Iron
- Black pepper – increase the bio-availability of turmeric
- Cinnamon – Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
- Ginger – contains gingerol, a compound with potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, eases menstrual pains.
- Turmeric – contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Corriander seeds – prevent anemia, prevents menstrual disorder, aids in digestion.
- Triphala – contains gallic acid, ellagic acid and chebulinic acid, which are all strong antioxidants.
- Ashwagandha – highly rejuvenating herb recommended for reducing stress and anxiety, balancing the hormones, combating fatigue and insomnia
The last 7 ingredients is part of my daily herbal supplements in powder form, tremendous benefits, however, you can omit them.
Powerhouse ingredients. All organic and raw.
- 1/4 cup Brazil Nut Milk
- 1/2 cup Water Kefir
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Tahini
- 1 large medjool date (to sweeten)
- dash of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Corriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Triphala
- 1/2 tsp Ashwagandha
- 2 tsp Raw Cacao
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- half a serving or 2 tbsp of vegan protein powder
- half tsp of maca powder
Substitutions: Brazil nut milk - any non dairy milk.
Water kefir - coconut water or plain water.
That's it! Consume immediately or within 3 hours. Good for breakfast, lunch or any meal for that matter.4.29https://wattalife.com/vegan-smoothie