Matcha Tea Kombucha
Kombucha is a beverage from fermented sweet tea with a culture of yeast and bacteria. Can be made with white tea, black tea or green tea, in tea bags or loose tea. This is my first time making with matcha tea, way back, I was addicted to matcha with non dairy milk, glad i kept my bamboo whisk. I added step by step photos below the recipe.
- 3 tbsp Matcha Tea
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Kombucha from previous batch
- Add Sugar to 1 gallon glas jar.
- Add matcha tea.
- Add hot water then whisk.
- Add cold water an inch from top.
- Add the kombucha from previous batch.
- Add the Scoby.
- Cover with cloth.
- Store in a warm and dark place.
- Leave to ferment for 7 to 14 days.
On warm days check after 5 days, if its still sweet check on the 7th day, until it reached to a tanginess you prefer. Please do not use any metal utensils, the scoby would not like it.